- 02-Mar-2017 to 31-Mar-2017 (PST)
- Community and Recreation Services
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
Incumbents perform routine duties related to collecting fees, balancing drawers, printing billing receipts and providing customer services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledges, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class.) Performs the following:
Dependable and prompt attendance.
Greets customers in a courteous, friendly manner, and directs them to appropriate individuals; provides customers with information.
Performs various clerical duties, utilizing standard office equipment, to include; screening incoming calls; taking and transmitting messages; distributing mail; making photocopies; performing data entry; typing, database management and word processing.
Receives payments, issues receipts, records and posts receipts, and balances cash drawer.
Assists customers with registrations, information, and/or other related information.
Assists in keeping the reception area clean and inviting, including preparing bulletin boards with community information.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Completion of 8th Grade (ability to read, write, and follow directions), and one year of cash handling and/or customer service experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (position requirements at entry)
- Principles and practices of basic bookkeeping;
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment;
- Keyboarding techniques;
- Basic mathematical concepts;
- Customer service principles;
- Cash handling and bank deposit procedures.
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Providing customer service;
- Performing basic mathematical calculations;
- Keyboarding, 30 words per minute;
- Operating standard office equipment;
- Tabulating, recording, and balancing transactions;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc., sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work directions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Work involves standing and walking much of the time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.